Monday 30 December 2013

Our Boy is Turning 5!

So now that the hustle and bustle of the Holidays Season is coming to a close I am able to shift focus to Ethan's 5th Birthday which is coming up in February. I always like to make as much of the materials myself so I try to give myself lots of time! 

This year Ethan has decided he would like to have an Angry Birds theme birthday party and we were very excited about this idea! I love all of the vibrant colours :) 

We decided to have his party at a local Recreation facility as the idea of a bunch of 5 year olds running around our little town house did not sound like much fun to me hehe. So when Mark heard that Ethan wanted an Angry Birds party he started planning some fun themed games for the kiddos to play - I can't wait to see what he comes up with!

I have created his invitation with this week's MDS Monday sketch challenge. I am also entering this card in the Anything Goes Challenges at Inkspirational & Seize the Birthday.

My Challenge:



My Project:




Take the time to let your creativity bloom!


Project was created with Stampin' UP!s My Digital Studio Software

Background
     Card Stock\Wild Wasabi

Embellishments
    Shaped Clips\Shaped Clips - arrow
    Taffeta Ribbon\Marina Mist - knot

Stamps
    _Designer Kits\Sunny Day - stamps\Hugs & Wishes\Hugs & Wishes - you're invited, Color = 0,0,0

Punches
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch, Fill Color = 230,WATERMARK 255,255,255

Photos
    C:\Users\MarkandHayley\Pictures\5300630
    C:\Users\MarkandHayley\Pictures\angry-birds
    C:\Users\MarkandHayley\Pictures\Black-Bomb-Bird-angry-birds-34464154-894-894
    C:\Users\MarkandHayley\Pictures\angry_birds___blue_bird_by_darrentaxi-d4gat1b
    C:\Users\MarkandHayley\Pictures\MelissakewPhotography-1539-2984064386-O
    C:\Users\MarkandHayley\Pictures\1 - Watermark



Angry Birds Photo Sources:

http://thereleasedates.com/2013/10/angry-birds-go-release-date/

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/angry-birds/images/34538721/title/angry-birds-photo
http://theangrybirdking.webs.com/birds.htm
http://sketchfu.com/drawing/5300630

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome Hayley!! Love the theme, the bright colours and how perfectly "Angry Birds" this is. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative invitation. Love the "Angry Birds" and fun colors. The photo of Ethan is adorable and a great touch for the invitation. Thanks for sharing at Seize The Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great invitation Hayley and such a good move to not have the party at home! Thanks for joining us at Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout!!! Would make an awesome scrapbook page too! I have an itch now to go and scrapbook now! Thanks for linking this up with us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling invitation! Love what you did with the template this week. Thanks for joining us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! This is the funnest invitation I've ever seen :) Great job!! Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great cartoon background to match the theme! Thanks for joining MDS Monday (oops) this week. I was thinking about punch art... you could make in MDS which would make duplicating so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, Hayley! What an awesome page. I love how you created the background!!!! What a fun event it will be! Thanks for playing with us at MDS Monday.

    ReplyDelete