Tuesday 21 May 2013

Seize the Birthday, The Sweet Shop & Merry Monday ~ Someone Got Crafty this Afternoon!

Good evening all :) I just got back from a "date" with a good friend of mine, we saw The Great Gatsby and I thought it was just wonderful! I remember reading the book many years ago when I was in junior high I believe. A lovely evening with a lovely lady! And now I am sitting down to share the crafty business I got up to this afternoon...

First up is the Birthday card I have made for my best friend's little girl who will be turning 5 next month. At her request she is having a Halloween theme birthday party and so I thought I would keep that in mind when designing her card... I used the sketch from Seize the Birthday!


I have to say it was quite fun using this colour theme in May :)



Card Recipe

Card Stock:
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Whisper White
  • Basic Black
  • Polka Dot Parade DSP
  • Silver Glimmer Paper
Inks:
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Old Olive
  • Chocolate Chip
Stamps:
  • Memorable Moments
  • Wacky Wishes
  • Create a Cupcake
Embellishments:
  • Delightful Daffodil 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon 

Tools:
  • 3/4" Circle Punch
  • 1" Circle Punch
  • 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch
  • Cupcake Builder Punch


Next up we have a card that I make using The Sweet Shop sketch. Honestly have I mentioned how much I LOVE WASHI TAPE!!! I am crossing my fingers that there will be TONS of it in the *New* mini cattie coming out later this summer... 


I am so in love with this DSP and the colour theme that goes with it... 



Card Recipe

Card Stock:
  • Island Indigo
  • Whisper White
  • Daffodil Delight
  • Pear Pizzazz
  • Melon Mambo
  • Gingham Garden DSP

Inks:

  • Island Indigo
Stamps:
  • Label Love
Embellishments:
  • Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape
Tools:
  • Artisan Label Punch
  • Honeycomb Embossing Folder

And last but not least my card for Merry Monday challenge. It has been a long time since I have played along with these lovely ladies but I thought I would break out Baja Breeze one more time before it is gone for good!


I did not add the two little elements on the right side because I wanted the embossed snowflake background to be more of a focal point :)



Card Recipe

Card Stock:
  • Baja Breeze
  • Whisper White
  • Snow Festival DSP
Inks:
  • Baja Breeze
  • Versamark
Stamps:
  • More Merry Messages
  • Snowflake Soiree
Embellishments:
  • Silver Embossing Powder
Tools:
  • Northern Flurry Embossing Folder
  • Embossing Buddy
  • Heat Tool
  • Floral Frames Framelits Dies 

Take the time to let your creativity bloom!

12 comments:

  1. My goodness you are a card making machine!! They are all great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all Hayley! Gorgeous paper and embellishments! Love the new washi tape! Your Halloween birthday card is adorable! Thanks for joining us at STB & MM.
    Hugs!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cards Hayley, what a lovely Christmas card. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snowflake and loving that snowflake paper!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 cards are wonderful, Hayley! I love the soft tones of the Christmas card! It's so good to see you back at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Hayley. Love the different prints and colors you used. The dry embossing looks great. I really like the highlighted number on the first card... the washi tape on the second... and the snowflake paper and blue on the last card. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been one busy lady! Love them all, the pretty papers, embellishments, dry embossing - you covered all your bases! Thanks you joining us this week at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like all three of these cards Hayley, especially the second, the white space and embossing looks great with the lovely sentiment. Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Hayley! I love your entry for Merry Monday with all it's texture and wonderful DSP! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have been a busy beaver! That snowflake Christmas card is just lovely---I love the color of the DP! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful cards!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love all 3 cards, Hayley! Your Christmas card is beautiful with that pretty snowflake paper! Love this!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete