Friday 25 January 2013

Technique Tuesday, Try Stampin' on a Tuesday & The Colour Throwdown

TGIF! Going to be a fantastic weekend for The Kews. Tonight I have my first Stampers Club of 2013 (I have missed you ladies!!!) and then tomorrow I am going to a local Stampin' UP! event our Annual Sale a Bration Smackdown, 6 hours of pure (uninterruptedcrafting bliss!!! And then on Sunday we are having a belated Christmas dinner with our nieces (and brother/sister in law hehe). 


So for this card I used the sketch from Try Stampin' on a Tuesday, the colour theme from The Colour Throwdown and the Technique challenge from Technique Tuesday. I have never tried a 3D Pedestal Pop Up Card before so this was a lot of fun! 

My Challenges:




My Card:


I have been working on this card for a few days now, as you can see it was quite involved. It is so funny how long it takes to get a project done now with two kiddos around. Wouldn't change it for the world but I can tell ya mama is looking forward to Saturday hehe.  


Take the time to let your creativity bloom!


Card Recipe

Card Stock:

  • Wisteria Wonder
  • Perfect Plum
  • Certainly Celery
  • Garden Green
  • Whisper White
Inks:
  • Wisteria Wonder
  • Perfect Plum
  • Certainly Celery
  • Garden Green
Stamps:
  • Secret Garden
  • Just Believe
Embellishments:
  • Basic Pearls
  • Wisteria Wonder 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon
  • White Embossing Powder
Tools:
  • Secret Garden Framelits
  • 2 1/2" Circle Punch
  • Circles #2 Originals Die
  • Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder
  • Vine Street Embossing Folder
  • Heat Tool

11 comments:

  1. Perfection!!! Great use of the stamps to build up the flowers on the outside and the perfect surprise on the inside. Thanks for sharint your talent with us this week at Try Stampin on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my word, Hayley, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! I adore the gorgeous coloring and your floral images are amazing! Thank you SO MUCH for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday (see blog for name change) as well as TSOT with this stunning card! PS: Our challenges at Inkspirational end on Tuesdays at 12:00 noon CST. :) HUGS and happy stamping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Hayley this is gorgeous! The colors and the sketch are awesome, but your flowers are gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is beautiful! I love the colors that you used for the flowers! Your pop up flowers are so delightful! Can I put your card on our Facebook page? Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ladies. Yes for sure Katy please feel free to post my card on your Facebook page! How exciting :) Is the page called Technique Time Tuesday? I will have to search it!!!

      Delete
  5. What an amazing card! I LOVE what you've done with the layering of the flower. You must be so pleased with this. Not only is the front great but there's more waiting on the inside. Well Done and thanks for playing along at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hayley, What can I say? This is superb, stunning, beautifully done. I love the outside & then to discover that you have created such an amazing inside, WOW my jaw dropped. I love this card. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Hayley - that is so blooming beautiful! Wonderful lay out and the inside, well it takes my breath away - really gorgeouos!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday. We really appreciate that you have taken the time to 'play' along with us and hope to see you next month Karen Technique Time Tuesday Crew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful card, from the colors, to the flowers and the inside pedestal pop up...AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and sharing your wonderful card with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Hayley! You definitely got the pop-up technique down pat. The colours you chose are so pretty too and I love how you added extra flowers inside your card besides the pop-up ones. Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday. I hope to see more of your lovely creations soon.
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Hayley! Love all the embossing and those beautiful dimensional flowers! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Technique Time Tuesday!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete